For the past couple years I’ve been bringing this dip to parties and it’s always a hit! People are always surprised when they learn that the main ingredient is cranberries. One bite of this dip is like a party in your mouth! This is a recipe I love to share!
Time: 15 minutes prep + 4 hours refrigeration
12 oz. package fresh cranberries
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 heaping tsp. cumin
2 T fresh lime juice
dash kosher salt
2 8 oz packages whipped cream cheese
1. Chop cranberries in a food processor.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese and lime chips) into a bowl. Mix them all
together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak into the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, spread your cream cheese on a platter.
5. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
6. Spread it all around.
7. Serve with lime chips
A lime margarita tastes great with this dip!
Submitted by Jean Eppler of Fargo, ND