We had so much fun at our special “Italy on the Prairie” dinner event last week at the Coteau des Prairies Lodge that we have decided to return this fall for a legendary North Dakota Culinary Retreat Weekend with The Lost Italian!
We hope you will join the Nasellos for this special culinary and agritourism event set in the midst of the gorgeous North Dakota prairie landscape that surrounds the Coteau des Prairies Lodge.
*Special thanks to Phil Breker of CDP Lodge for providing the terrific photos featured in this post!
North Dakota Culinary Retreat Weekend with The Lost Italian
at the Coteau des Prairies Lodge
September 12-14, 2014
Your Weekend Includes:
- 2 nights in the comfortable, luxuriously rustic Coteau des Prairies Lodge
- 6 meals (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches)
- Several hands-on cooking sessions with The Lost Italian
- Wine tastings and pairings with dinner
- Deluxe recipe packet
- Custom apron
- Local farm tour
- More fun than you can imagine
NONE! Whether you are a skilled home cook, professional chef, or can’t even boil water, anyone and everyone is welcome to attend this culinary retreat.
What will I learn?
Here is just a sampling of what your weekend will include:
- A variety of recipes from The Lost Italian
- How to make gnocchi
- Basic knife skills
- How to build a perfect soup using mirepoix and other techniques
- Various culinary techniques such as scaloppine, pan sauces, dicing, julienne, etc.
- How to outfit your kitchen equipment and stock your pantry with staples
- How to pair wine with food
- How to set a table and plan decor
- Plate presentation
- Napkin folding
- You will also learn about farming: and how to use local crops in everyday food, our native North Dakota prairies, and the history of the Lodge
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH
4:00 PM Registration
6:00 PM Welcome and dinner
8:15 PM Breakfast prep session (optional)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM SESSION #1
12:00 PM Lunch
1:15 PM Breker Farm Tour
3:30 PM SESSION #2
4:30 PM Cookie Break
5:00 PM SESSION #3
6:30 PM Dinner
8:30 PM Breakfast prep (optional)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM SESSION #4
12:00 PM Lunch and Checkout
We hope you can join us for an unforgettable weekend filled with legendary North Dakota food, farming, friends and fun!
The cost for this North Dakota culinary retreat weekend is $450 per person for a shared room (2+ guests per room) or $625 single occupancy, which includes accommodations for 2 nights, 6 meals, hands-on culinary instruction, a farm tour and other inclusions indicated above.
There is limited space available for this special event, and full payment is required at time of registration to confirm your space, which includes a $150 non-refundable deposit. Cancellations made after Thursday, August 21, 2014 may be subject to no refund unless we can fill the space from our waitlist. If we are able to fill your vacated space we will issue a refund equal to half of the registration fee if eligible.
To register, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we will call you back to confirm your space and take payment information.
TO REGISTER: Please contact Sarah Nasello via email at email@example.com.